At Ashton Sixth it's not all about timetabled lessons. We also have a rich and varied programme of extra-curricular activities.
The core programme presents opportunities for students to get involved in study and experiences that fall outside the realm of their subject choices.
- The Extended Project Qualification (more information can be found in our Student Handbook)
- Talks from visiting speakers
- Oxbridge and competitive courses preparation
- Science - CREST Gold Award
- University access programmes such as Access to Bristol and Bristol Scholars
- Volunteering opportunities with younger students at Ashton Park as well as at the primary schools in our Trust
Every Wednesday afternoon students have a break from their usual timetables and take part in other activities. Examples include:
- Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Sport for fun and use of our on-site gym (this can also be used during free study periods)
- Sports teams such as football, basketball and badminton
- Craft Club
- Wellbeing and life skills
- Sports Leaders award
- Debating club
Throughout the academic year we also offer the opportunity to take part in day trips and residentials, both in the UK and abroad. Our usual calendar includes:
- Opportunities for international travel such as our annual ski holiday, expedition to Tanzania and Iceland trip
- An annual residential surf trip in Devon
- Trips planned around careers and university options
- Subject-related day trips
Trips are a great way to improve students' skills, talents and self-confidence but also improve your CV and help enrich the school’s community.
Ashton Sixth runs three pastoral days a year. The activities during these days will vary throughout the year but in the past have covered activities such as martial arts; cooking on a budget and sexual health. We expect all students to attend the pastoral days.